Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Hong Kong - Causeway Bay Spicy Crab


We went to the eat the famous "Lai Niao Xia", a type of prawn that is bigger than prawn but smaller than crayfish. We took a cab to Causeway Bay Spicy Crab restaurant. It is quite a big restaurant, as ala carte price is expensive, we opt for the 2 pax set at HKD488.


Service is good, the service staff will keep changing our dirty plate.


1st up is their famous prawn cook in spiced fried garlic. A scissors is provided for us to cut the shell, the meat of the prawn is firm and springy, the garlic taste slightly spicy and sweet and good.


2nd up is scallop with vermincelli steamed in the shell.. One word, FRESH


3rd is a surprise soup, who would know clam + seaweed + melon (mao gua) can be such tasty soup. I am not a soup lover but I had 5 bowls of this soup! I declare this dish the best dish for entire meal


4th, is their mild spicy gallons-of-garlic crab. The crab use is sri lanka crab and the amount of garlic used can cook for my family of 3 for 3 months! Luckily they had warn us about taking the medium spicy and advise us to take mild spicy. Even mild spicy is HOT. If you like garlic, I am sure you would scoop the garlic on the shells and eat it with rice!


5th dish is vegetable with century egg and salted egg. I am too full to even eat this, so in the end I just take a bite to sample the taste.


Verdict, I would go for the soup and the prawn definitely!

No comments:

Post a Comment